Homemade surfboards

Home Forums Board Design and Creation Homemade surfboards

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Huck 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Return to main forum

• Author

Huck
    Participant

Will post pics once they add a way to upload from my file to the post.

Been making my own boards for about 7 or 8 years now. It’s therapeutic for me!

Huck
    Participant

Tryna add some pics from my files..

No can do!

Huck
    Participant

20170105_154957

OK, I have now figured out how to upload pics to my profile media folder, then copy and paste them in my comments box. I still think it would be better if we could upload straight to comments, but this is workable, until my media file gets inundated I suppose, haha. Here is a partial quiver shot of some of my homebuilt surfboards.

Mohawk918
    Participant

nice. im playing with the idea to make my own also. just cost so much to get the tools. if i knew someone around me that would loan me the tools it be no problem buying a blank and the rest.

Huck
    Participant

I don’t use a lot of tools for mine, but there are costs and concerns that might be an obstacle to getting started. After a couple dozen boards I don’t think about it, but at first I had to make a commitment. Kinda like surfing, it takes a level of commitment if you’re gonna do it.

YeahNo
    Participant

Huck,

This is pretty cool! There is a local shop here (Sunset Shapers) that offers a “make your own board class” that I’ve had my eye on. I can totally see how it would be therapeutic!

What has been your favorite board out of the ones you have made. What was the hardest aspect to learn when you started?

Huck
    Participant

The hardest thing to learn for me, was glassing.

My current favorite

Huck
    Participant

3 times I tried posting another pic but the site just won’t let me!

Huck
    Participant

Ok i went to my profile and added pics now see if i can post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.