Features we would like to see added to the site

Home Forums Site Creation Discussion Features we would like to see added to the site

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  MoStoke 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author

headhigh
    Grom

I’ll get the ball rolling:

• ability to “like” posts
    • ability to copy and past images into the comment box

Reply with quote.

What do you guys think about adding an “All Forums” option on the forum menu. That way you don’t have to bounce around to the different forum pages. Just list them all by most current to least current.

I think making this site iPhone and Android or mobile device friendly would be helpful. I can’t speak for everybody but I bet majority of people post from their phones, if not all the time, some of the time.

headhigh
    Grom

Yes to all of the above. A better mobile site is a must.

How about adding a “top threads” sidebar so you can get into popular threads with one click?

also would like to somehow stay logged in. I have to re-login every day.

^^^ Good suggestions

MoStoke
    Keymaster

Perfect! Thanks. Keep this going.

The items you mentioned are on the development list.

Ocean
    Grom

The ability to delete your own posts would be nice.

Not that I post a lot of pics, but an easier way to post them or gifs.

IBC
    Grom

I know this is a minor deal, but hey…

Sometimes when I add an icon / shortcut to a web page on me android phone, a generic icon is created.

Other times, the icon is a cool picture related to the actual web site.

Would be kinda cool if the MoStoke icon would be the cool pic type.

Only if it’s easy

Fuckers

Later

😉

Don’t really care about a “like” or “dislike” feature. Much ado about nothing. imo.

How about a “Classifieds” for selling stuff?

Maybe a sub-heading or separate one for non surfing items.

MoStoke
    Keymaster

Check the menu on the top right. This is pretty big site, lots more pages and content. Most of the articles in “news” and “read” sections are old, but good stuff. One of the guys that was doing a lot of the writing for the site was an editor for surfer mag for 10 years

here’s the classifieds section https://www.mostoke.com/mo-classifieds/

headhigh
    Grom

Thanks for the updates so far, MoStoke

Yeah, thanks for adding reply with quote. So much better now.

headhigh
    Grom

OK so how about when you click on a thread, it automatically goes to your oldest unread post?

…kinda like how it works at, well you know what I mean.

We have Mo’s that are incredible behind the lens, how about a surf photo section/library or what ever? We always enjoyed the photos on SI ………………….

MoStoke
    Keymaster

We have Mo’s that are incredible behind the lens, how about a surf photo section/library or what ever? We always enjoyed the photos on SI ………………….

it already exists bro. https://www.mostoke.com/look/

You can upload photos directly from your profile. Might be quirky for the next couple of days until the updated site is made live.. but it works. You can also upload videos to the “bros” section of the “watch” page.

KDHJEB
    Grom

I remember one thing that I kept forgetting to suggest on here. The ability to see who has liked your posts when you hover over the number of likes. I feel like that’s pretty standard everywhere, but all you get here is the counter.

I remember one thing that I kept forgetting to suggest on here. The ability to see who has liked your posts when you hover over the number of likes. I feel like that’s pretty standard everywhere, but all you get here is the counter.

That and you typically would get a notice or alert saying who liked your post and a link to that post.

Yankee
    Grom

The ‘like’ assspect doesn’t always work. In fact, it rarely works. Fix it? Or should we just accept it as dysfunctional? Asking for a friend.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.