Let’s Get Irie!

Home Forums Main Forum Let’s Get Irie!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DawnPatrol321 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

This thread is for all things reggae and getting “Irie”. I will start it off with the best live concert I was never able to attend, Bob Marley at the Santa Barbara County Bowl in 1979. Light one up and enjoy!

I’m trying to embed the video by simply pasting the URL in the body of the text but it isn’t working for some reason.

NotKyle
    Grom

Yes, I am having the same problem. I try doing it via “Add Media” and using the URL, still no luck.

Once we can post videos and pictures with ease this place is gonna be the tits.

UnfurleD
    Grom

got another cartridge on the way. those things mess me up in the long run tho. lotta CBD shops opening up around here. went by a “smoke n brew”, they had flower cbd nugg. i didn’t buy any but it smelled better than that potpourri stank k2 nugg that made ppl jump outta windows n sht. i’ve had cbd honey, but curious if ya’ll tried any of that cbd nugg. i think it’ll be a waste of money, but i’ll ask them n maybe sample a dime bag. cops would totally arrest me tho as i tried to explain what the hell it is

Haven’t tried CBD, been looking into it for a while, got lots of shops around here that sell it. It’s a little pricey but I want to try it to see how it affects me. In addition to my smoking I imagine it will make me really relaxed. Which is cool with me as long as it doesn’t make me feel lazy.

After I go for a surf, my wife and I are going to a concert at the Cocoa Riverfront to see Iration, Fortunate Youth, Pepper, and Katastro. Hopefully weather cooperates.

Wow what a concert tonight. They all played really well, Iration came back on stage for an encore then all the singers for the other bands joined them and they all played the last song together.

cartridges and dabs are just too much

but I kinda like lol

I smoked so much last night I’m still in a fog 😂

Peter Tosh – Feel No Way

Nobody feel no way
    It’s coming close to payday I say
    Nobody feel no way
    Everyman get paid a quota’s work this day
    Can I plant peas and reap rice
    Can I plant cocoa and reap yam
    Can I plant turnip and reap tomato
    Can I plant breadfruit and reap potato
    Can I tell lie and hear truth
    Can I live bad and love good
    Can I deliver and get down
    Can I give a dollar and want a pound
    Can I be wrong and get right?
    Can I be kicked and don’t fight?
    Can I drink water and get drunk?
    Can I drink whiskey and stay sober?

Ben Harper – Burn One Down (Live at Bonnaroo)

“Let us burn one
    From end to end
    And pass it over
    To me my friend
    Burn it long, we’ll burn it slow
    To light me up before I go
    If you don’t like my fire
    Then don’t come around
    ‘Cause I’m gonna burn one down
    Yes I’m gonna burn one down
    My choice is what I choose to do
    And if I’m causing no harm
    It shouldn’t bother you
    Your choice is who you choose to be
    And if your causin’ no harm
    Then you’re alright with me
    Then don’t come around
    Yes I’m gonna burn one down
    Herb the gift from the earth
    And what’s from the earth
    Is of the greatest worth
    So before you knock it try it first
    You’ll see it’s a blessing
    And it’s not a curse
    Then don’t come around
    Yes I’m gonna burn one, uh”

All Day All Night – Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers | The Spirit of Music (1999)

“I would never give my love to no one but you babe
    I would never give my love to no one but you babe
    So Love me forever, I said love me forever
    Baby love me not just for pleasure
    Love me always and forever
    ‘Cause I love you
    It couldn’t be better
    And I’m giving my love to you baby
    You got my love
    So don’t you ever give your love to no one but me babe
    Don’t you ever give your love to no one but me babe
    Tell you this
    Is all day and all night, all day all night
    Our love needs protection
    Our love needs direction
    And I love you
    Baby now
    You got my love
    Don’t you believe
    That I’m giving my love to you baby
    You got my love
    So don’t you ever give your love to no one but me babe
    ‘Cause I would never give my love to no one but you babe
    So love me forever
    Baby love me not just for pleasure
    Love me always and forever
    And I love you
    It couldn’t be better
    You got my love
    Oh don’t you believe that I’m giving my love to you baby
    You got my love
    Say you must believe that I’m giving my love to you baby
    You got my love
    So all day and all night
    So all day and all night
    Our love needs protection
    Our love needs direction
    And I love you”

Stick Figure – “A Pirate Looks at 40” (Reggae Version) [with TJ O’Neill, KBong & Johnny Cosmic]

Lyrics:

(All) Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call I wanted to sail upon your water since I was three feet tall You’ve seen it all, you’ve seen it all

(TJ O’Neill) Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call I wanted to sail upon your water since I was three feet tall You’ve seen it all, you’ve seen it all

(KBong) Watched the men who rode you switch from sails to steam And in your belly you hold the treasures few have ever seen Most of them dream, most of them dream

(Stick Figure) Yes I am a pirate, a few hundred years too late The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder I’m an over-forty victim of fate Arriving too late, arriving too late

(Johnny Cosmic) I’ve done a bit of smuggling, I’ve run my share of grass I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast It’s never meant to last, it’s never meant to last

(All) Well I have been drunk now for over two weeks I passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks But I got to stop wishing, I got to go fishing, down to rock bottom again With just a few friends, with just a few friends Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call I wanted to sail upon your water since I was three feet tall You’ve seen it all, you’ve seen it all And I have been drunk now for over two weeks I passed out and I rallied and I sprung a few leaks But I got to stop wishing, I got to go fishing, down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends Just a few friends, just a few friends Just a few friends, just a few friends Just a few friends, just a few friends

Damian Marley – Pimpa’s Paradise

“Pimpa’s Paradise” (feat. Stephen Marley, Black Thought)

[Black Thought Speaking] And yes y’all, you now rocking with the best Black Thought from the legendary Roots crew in the flesh I split up in here with the brothers from the Marley family Creston–we gon’ say it for y’all

[Stephen Marley] She loves to party, have a good time She looks so hearty, feeling fine She loves to smoke, sometimes shifting coke Hey…she’d be laughing when there ain’t no joke

[Chorus: Stephen Marley] Pimpa’s paradise! that’s all she was now Pimpa’s paradise! that’s all she was Pimpa’s paradise! that’s all she was now Pimpa’s paradise! that’s all she was

[Verse 1] Cause coke was a thing that once she first try Was once a blue moon to once a blue sky Now she’s wondering who else wants to go buy She don’t got no money and wants to get high Story sounds familiar, Like born to be wild but she sillier Not quite the same, but she similar A waste of my sarsaparilla Used to look good in the videos, now she look hideous Now it’s broken crack pipes with lipstick traces Walks the cold nights red district places She seen more hotels than my tour suitcases More male customers than Old Navy’s She love lime light more than John Swaby’s Seen more miles than a Rent-A-Avis She don’t slow down then someday maybe She lost and can’t find her way to safety

[Chorus Repeats]

[Black Thought] Check it out She keep her head up in the space like a satellite Because she got an insatiable appetite For staying out late nights with all the parasites Plotting on a way to cop a little piece of paradise Her dignity the only thing that she could sacrifice Just get the monkey off her back and she’d be back in line Five minutes she stay on the move, She’d done smoked up the stone that the builder refused All coked up alone, she ain’t even in tune And it’s sad cause she ain’t really have a reason to use She was pretty girl Cleaner than the Board of Health Studied and enjoyed herself, I don’t know what drove her to avoid herself Destroyed herself and took a taste of the yay’ And now she on the track, working while she wasting away It’s safe to say, she looking for a someplace to stay Who ever got a little paper to play Can get a slice of this…

[Chorus Repeats]

[Verse 2] For no reason a seasoned splif was the first thing One spring season while she’s out flirting Now she season in and don’t need rehearsing Esteem get a beating, life is uncertain Ego need feeding, now the wants worsen Beneath the demons she’s a warm person When she’s not fiending, swearing and cursing Behind the curtains, she’s really hurting And while her people don’t even trust her at home The dealer dem grin and cook the rocks down And she without sin will spark the first stone The feeling kicks in she’s in the dark zone Old friends walk pass going ’bout their own As if she is someone that they don’t know Then the King of Kings lift her off the floor Saying, “Life is a thing when you learn you grow.”

[Chorus Repeats]

[Verse 3] She rise and she fall like a star Her life write off like a car Her face full of all kinda scar Always quick fi start a war She can’t keep herself up to par She plays like a broken guitar She always want tek it too far I doubt she a-go mek it too far She rise and she fall like a star Her life write off like a car Her face full of all kinda scar Always quick fi start a war She can’t keep herself up to par She plays like a broken guitar She always want tek it too far Mi wonder how she mek it so far

Happy Friday everybody!

Friday Fun Day! It’s time to…

It’s Monday, and feels every bit like a Monday, but songs like this and a little herb makes it feel better than a Monday.

Wake and Bake…

• Last modifed 3 months, 2 weeks ago

In case youse guys haven’t figured it out by now, I love me some Fortunate Youth. They are just as good live too, very talented!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.