Lorenzo

Home Forums Main Forum Lorenzo

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  kidrock 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

It looks like Lorenzo will swallow Karen and then spit her ass out…if winds cooperate there should be a long period wave to ride for the next week.

http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display.cgi?a=natla_height

BarryCuda
    Grom

Sez who?? Seems too far away…maybe END of next week??

Anyway…maybe we should check forecast on Swellinfo for this?? I hear they are good at this……

In your armpit maybe not. But in my armpit we will probably get 3 ft long period swell soon enough.

lancelot
    Local

Mitchell
    Grom

Yeah 3-4 feet @ 17 seconds Monday – Wednesday of next week is pretty cool to see for the east coast Obviously many spots wont work with that, some will, and its always fun to figure it out and score.

Chavez
    Grom

Winds look shatty all week tho. Maybe Tuesday AM they may let up in these here parts….

BarryCuda
    Grom

In your armpit maybe not. But in my armpit we will probably get 3 ft long period swell soon enough.

Yeah, MSW is now forecasting Monday to Wednesday at 3-4 ft with 10 seconds. Still will be, as you stay, “armpit” waves. Only good news is that most surfer morons will be at work, school or otherwise too busy to be out. It is one of the “perks” of being retired…….

IBC
    Grom

Maybe some Laird waves at Nazare sOOn…

084023_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind

BarryCuda
    Grom

Yeah, MSW is now forecasting Monday to Wednesday at 3-4 ft with 10 seconds. Still will be, as you stay, “armpit” waves. Only good news is that most surfer morons will be at work, school or otherwise too busy to be out. It is one of the “perks” of being retired…….

Another clear cut demonstration of MSW talent—no waves today–flat this morning; forecast 100% incorrect in every aspect…waves, winds, tides, bird poop droppings, whale fornication….nothing forecasted correctly.

BarryCuda
    Grom

My forecast….Lorenzo will be the very LAST storm this hurricane that produces waves. Very weak season….National Hurricane Center = WRONG AGAIN. New York City is still way above water; sorry Al Gore you suck.

Mitchell
    Grom

Yeah, MSW is now forecasting Monday to Wednesday at 3-4 ft with 10 seconds….—no waves today–flat this morning; forecast 100% incorrect in every aspect…waves, winds, tides, bird poop droppings, whale fornication….nothing forecasted correctly.

MSW was so far off on the Humberto Swell for Delmarva it was funny. A couple days out they were calling for 8-10 foot on both Friday and Saturday everywhere both Delaware and Maryland. There was one or two spots were maybe 5-6 foot for a bit on Friday. Otherwise it was 2-4 to 3-5 for the entire swell. Magic Seaweed is better than it used to be, but still hilariously off. I think the problem is they treat the US east coast like its some kind of offshore deep water spot like Hawaii, California or Ireland where the open ocean swell just slams up onto the reefbreaks. Any amateur forecaster knows we’ve got a 150 mile wide continental shelf that is shaving size off that open ocean long period swell the entire way across. Those little details are what Micah actually bothered to consider.

Yeah, MSW is now forecasting Monday to Wednesday at 3-4 ft with 10 seconds. Still will be, as you stay, “armpit” waves. Only good news is that most surfer morons will be at work, school or otherwise too busy to be out. It is one of the “perks” of being retired……. Another clear cut demonstration of MSW talent—no waves today–flat this morning; forecast 100% incorrect in every aspect…waves, winds, tides, bird poop droppings, whale fornication….nothing forecasted correctly.

Yankee made a believer out me after joining Surline, its not as accurate as SI when Micah was forecasting while my biggest complaint “Fair to Good” when it waist high + and glassy. O’ Barry maybe we should start a “Go Fund Me” page as MSW is for “Morons” so you can get with the program., you’re so Funny …………….

Mitchell
    Grom

Surline, its not as accurate as SI when Micah was forecasting while my biggest complaint “Fair to Good” when it waist high + and glassy.[/quote]

My guess is Surfline…being California based…under chest to head high is never going to get above a “fair to good” rating even when they know its going to be glassy. Different scale.

They need to learn Delaware scale:

above 2 feet and not entirely blown out = epic. Tell everyone how you just scored the swell of the year.

Surline, its not as accurate as SI when Micah was forecasting while my biggest complaint “Fair to Good” when it waist high + and glassy.

My guess is Surfline…being California based…under chest to head high is never going to get above a “fair to good” rating even when they know its going to be glassy. Different scale. They need to learn Delaware scale: above 2 feet and not entirely blown out = epic. Tell everyone how you just scored the swell of the year.[/quote]

I’ve learned over time they forecast Delmarva on WC “scale”, so knowing that when its fair its better that good or maybe its just me but it still doesn’t come close to your forecasting. We enjoy your pictures, always “right on”, you and Micah should team up.

I have E-mailed Forte @ Surfline seems he dupes OC, MD & DE forecasts depending on wind direction doesn’t always hold true as we know coastlines have different faces. I figured if enough of us raise the issue maybe he would provide a more accurate forecast? Maybe I’m the “moron” but just don’t know it yet …………………

Yankee
    Grom

O’Barry is in rare form these days. One funny fella!

Sklut worked for Surflies for awhile, according to the honchos @ Surflies. Then took his act on the road, so to speak, & founded swellinfo. Tragicseaweed purchased by Surflies several years ago.

Swellinfo is now noswellinfo.

Seems to be a playing field ripe for disruption. Could be tougher & tougher with the monopoly that Surflies has – – something like $55 million company, don’t recall where I saw that, but, whilst they aren’t a behemoth corporation, they are big enough & getting bigger.

I have utterly no point here.

Back to you O’Barry!

• Last modifed 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Why pay attention to any of the fools in the surf forecasting racket. Just listen to your old friend Sir Ballyhooo.

Some fun one this morning before the wind came up. Looking forward 2 tomorrow with favorable winds, hope you get some up there OBarry…

3B77965C-B18D-4097-BFC8-B8E91D1A7E21

Still waiting Lance of all pants?

lancelot
    Local

Still waiting Lance of all pants?

88c3ed656b88b681ec259cd64db13f9e

IBC
    Grom

From Windy

Azores in the morning

Screenshot_20191001-215141

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.