Movie Reviews

Home Forums Main Forum Movie Reviews

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kidrock 6 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

What’s the last movie you paid to see in the theatre? I just saw The Joker with my wife. I saw all the negative opinions about it online and figured it must be good lol and it was. I highly recommend it. Was it dark? Yes, it was dark.

That’s who The Joker was, I’m surprised people are caught off guard by this. Anyways I think it was a good movie, twisted but good. I hope there’s another one in the making. Joaquin Phoenix is a good Joker, better than Heath Ledger IMO.

IT part two. I was a HUGE King fan until he went off the rails liberal and I said fuck him, and I read that book a good dozen times. I even have It’s symbol tattooed on my neck so you can say I was a fan. The first movie I was all about thinking but would suck because the book is also over a thousand pages long – so how could anyone get the story right and put it into film… wrong. It was excellent and very true to the story. Comes part Two and now it’s “will they go full on and do it right?” Second part was even more intense and true to the story. The director got all of it right and left very few loose ends and scared the crap out of you along the way. acting was excellent

IT part two. I was a HUGE King fan until he went off the rails liberal and I said fuck him, and I read that book a good dozen times. I even have It’s symbol tattooed on my neck so you can say I was a fan. The first movie I was all about thinking but would suck because the book is also over a thousand pages long – so how could anyone get the story right and put it into film… wrong. It was excellent and very true to the story. Comes part Two and now it’s “will they go full on and do it right?” Second part was even more intense and true to the story. The director got all of it right and left very few loose ends and scared the crap out of you along the way. acting was excellent

I remember seeing the original as a kid and it scared the crap out of me. We just rented the new version of IT last weekend and watched it. We wanted to see it before going to see IT part 2, which we have not done yet. The newer version was good I guess, not as scary as I remember but I’m also not a kid so that’s probably why. If I was a kid it probably would have scared me. I enjoyed it though.

Yankee
    Grom

Not into the superhero fantasy movies – – had my fill with the original Marvel comics of 1970’s. Print always better IMHO, because it lets one’s imagination fill in the details. Movies, video, tv…they fill your noggin w images, define how to think…nah…not for moi.

The last 15 yrs movie adaptations of comic books have left me cold. Not a fan of Hollywood lately. Not a fan of J Phoenix, neither.

So, skipping this one.

But respect to your movie review, mon frere. It’s just that I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much.

Not into the superhero fantasy movies – – had my fill with the original Marvel comics of 1970’s. Print always better IMHO, because it lets one’s imagination fill in the details. Movies, video, tv…they fill your noggin w images, define how to think…nah…not for moi. The last 15 yrs movie adaptations of comic books have left me cold. Not a fan of Hollywood lately. Not a fan of J Phoenix, neither. So, skipping this one. But respect to your movie review, mon frere. It’s just that I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much.

lol To it’s their own? Just a heads up on this movie though, there was nothing Superhero or villain about it.

It was just a dark movie about a dude with mental illness who eventually turned into a serial killer and violently murders a bunch of people. People with kids had to leave to movie theatre. Not what they expected. Which is why I went to see if lol because I’m kinda over super hero type movies.

This one was for adults. I’m no J Phoenix fan but he nailed it on this one. Very believable IMO. But don’t take my word for it. When it’s out on Redbox maybe get it for a dollar and see it. Worth the dollar for sure. I’ll buy you a beer if it disappoints you! 🍻

Yankee
    Grom

We’ll be buying each other beer’s regardless LOL!

Nah. Just not into that stuff, not a commentary on your taste, it’s not for me. Seen too many problems with employees, friends, and I believe the whore asshats who profit off this stuff in Hollywood take zero accountability for culturally inflential actions.

it’s well studied & accepted that tv has influenced many a sociopath to action

I know, I’m getting heavy

but, dang, there’s cultural factors as to why America is what it is today

I won’t support the violent influencers in our culture. Hopefully someday people wake up, stop blaming guns, start making parents, Hollywood, cultural influencers, docs who over-medicate the crazies, and teachers accountable.

Not ripping on you. Just sayin…it’s cultural.

We’ll be buying each other beer’s regardless LOL! Nah. Just not into that stuff, not a commentary on your taste, it’s not for me. Seen too many problems with employees, friends, and I believe the whore asshats who profit off this stuff in Hollywood take zero accountability for culturally inflential actions. it’s well studied & accepted that tv has influenced many a sociopath to action I know, I’m getting heavy but, dang, there’s cultural factors as to why America is what it is today I won’t support the violent influencers in our culture. Hopefully someday people wake up, stop blaming guns, start making parents, Hollywood, cultural influencers, docs who over-medicate the crazies, and teachers accountable. Not ripping on you. Just sayin…it’s cultural.

This is true, we will be buying each other beers regardless. That was my best sales pitch, oh well lol

I hear you on the cultural stuff, there are many weak minded people out there and the copy cat shit is real. I can handle watching some sick shit and not feel the need or want to act it out myself.

But you are right, some live in a fantasy land or are sick / severely mentally ill or are overmedicated and can’t handle this type of movie.

We on other hand walked out of the movie commented on how good it was and then went on to do some baby shopping and maternity clothes shopping lol

Yankee
    Grom

Yankee
    Grom

Well, that didn’t take long. Hope none of the sociopaths go into a shooting rage post-Joker screening!

KDHJEB
    Grom

Saw the new Joker movie last night with the wife. I expected to like it ok, but I actually loved it. I think everyone has been blowing how dark it is out of proportion. Hearing that people walked out of it because they couldn’t handle it is kind of crazy to me. Obviously if you were in the theater in Aurora, CO when the last kook shot it up during a batman movie, dressed up as joker, then yeah I get walking out – but I’m not sure any of those people would ever go see this movie anyway. I think the concept of the movie being completely removed from the comic and current DC universe movies is pretty weird, but the movie was great. Honorable mention to the second chapter of IT. I thought the first chapter was better, but the second was till completely satisfying.

Saw the new Joker movie last night with the wife. I expected to like it ok, but I actually loved it. I think everyone has been blowing how dark it is out of proportion. Hearing that people walked out of it because they couldn’t handle it is kind of crazy to me. Obviously if you were in the theater in Aurora, CO when the last kook shot it up during a batman movie, dressed up as joker, then yeah I get walking out – but I’m not sure any of those people would ever go see this movie anyway. I think the concept of the movie being completely removed from the comic and current DC universe movies is pretty weird, but the movie was great. Honorable mention to the second chapter of IT. I thought the first chapter was better, but the second was till completely satisfying.

Good stuff right? I agree with you, it was dark but people have definitely blown it out of proportion. We sat next to a family and when the killing began they got up and left. Their kid was little and dressed up like Batman. I don’t think they knew there was no Batman in this movie and it wasn’t a comic book style movie. They also probably didn’t realize the movie really isn’t for kids. A little research goes a long way lol

Chavez
    Grom

I think it was the old Spiderman cartoon from the mid/late 60’s with all it’s crazy psychedelia that turned me into a drug-addled moron.

Chavez
    Grom

Spidervillians

I mean, look at these dudes…

Chavez
    Grom

Spiderman1

KDHJEB
    Grom

Good stuff right? I agree with you, it was dark but people have definitely blown it out of proportion. We sat next to a family and when the killing began they got up and left. Their kid was little and dressed up like Batman. I don’t think they knew there was no Batman in this movie and it wasn’t a comic book style movie. They also probably didn’t realize the movie really isn’t for kids. A little research goes a long way lol

DEFINITELY not a kids movie, and honestly, they were dumb to not look into that before taking a kid. It was pretty well-publicized that it was a fairly dark movie. Actually saw a theater around here post on facebook explaining that batman was not in the movie, and that it was absolutely not a movie that you should bring kids to.

It was rated R, so that should have been their first clue. I could hear the Dad grumbling about it before they left. I was laughing a little on the inside. 🙂

• Last modifed 6 days, 22 hours ago

kidrock
    Grom

Spidervillians I mean, look at these dudes…

Isn’t that Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley on the right?

Bohemian Rhapsody–amazing movie

Anyone ever see HR Puffinstuff?

Bohemian Rhapsody–amazing movie Anyone ever see HR Puffinstuff?

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody a few months ago and thought it was really well done. Haven’t seen HR Puffinstuff though.

kidrock
    Grom

Bohemian Rhapsody–amazing movie Anyone ever see HR Puffinstuff?

yeah I watched pufnstuf as a kid. Sid & Marty Kroftt were clearly on drugs. Funny thing, I didn’t like the show much but I thought Witchie Poo was hilarious.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.