No Thanksgiving Swell?

Home Forums Main Forum No Thanksgiving Swell?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  oipaul 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author

It doesn’t look like we’ll have much for surf on Thanksgiving here in FL. I checked up North for a few spots up the Coast and didn’t see much for swell in the forecast.

I like surfing on Holidays, so I’m praying for a surprise bump on Thursday morning, anything rideable will make my day.

Is anybody expecting to get some surf in on Turkey Day?

head high all next week in Costa

BarryCuda
    Grom

Monday we expect a swell here in NE. I will resume surfing then.

All my boards are properly waxed and leash knots properly tied. Looking forward to it.

We are supposed to have waves on T-Day and Friday….but I will let those pass–my daughter and granddaughter will be here. They are wayyyyy more important to me than just another session!!

head high all next week in Costa

Yankee is stoked, he leaves Thursday for CR.

Sat for me

Sat for me

I hate you both right now.

wait til the pics get posted. You’re invited next year DP we get a crazy good deal on accommodations.

wait til the pics get posted. You’re invited next year DP we get a crazy good deal on accommodations.

I’m in! 🏄‍♂️

DP wrote……….

“Yankee is stoked, he leaves Thursday for CR.”

I “like” it when Yank started the phase “Wheels Up”, Yank’s living the Dream and he’s earned it …………

kidrock
    Grom

Yeah we’ll have swell here by Wednesday, when the swell starts dying down enough to be rideable. Gonna be Farking cold though, steady freezing offshores from 20-30 knots are predicted throughout the weekend.

should be interesting.

A60DE8DC-F147-4B82-829C-5E75BB59E533

I’ll be suited up around 11 am and hope that wind stays cross. Sucks to go from 3/2 shortsleeve to 5/4 3 with booties in a blink

Yankee
    Grom

Wheels Up CR! Thursday oh dark thirty

Will be in 80 degree tropical goodness before sundown on T-day.

Thanksgiving chicken & rice & plantains not turkey 🙂

Hope you buoys have a good holiday!

G-Man, will say hey for you to the Centro crew

• Last modifed 1 month, 3 weeks ago

BarryCuda
    Grom

Have a safe trip, Yankee. Stay away from floating logs……..you ARE on their menu.

Yankee
    Grom

Very thoughtful of you, B lol

Nosara?

Wheels Up CR! 🙂 …….Hope you buoys have a good holiday!……

G-Man, will say hey for you to the Centro crew

You Too Yank ……………….. Tell Harry Hi for me and I’m still in the line-up “out back” ……………

I’ll be suited up around 11 am and hope that wind stays cross. Sucks to go from 3/2 shortsleeve to 5/4 3 with booties in a blink

Ditto Waldo, even on Delmarva, from 3/2 & boots to 4/3, 5 mil booties, gloves and hood in over a week, WTF for late November. I’m not looking forward squeezing my old ass into a chest zip 5/4. The Snow Geese just arrived here all at once by the thousands to escape the snow up north. Mother Nature can predict weather much better than the weather channel. Long range forecasts for New England are below normal and we’re slightly below average as long as it doesn’t snow. Our snow removal is 3 HoBo’s with shovels …………………..

LBCrew
    Grom

I never surf Thanksgiving morning. It’s a family tradition at my house to go pheasant hunting at dawn, and if we’re back early enough, go fishing. This will be the first year my dad’s not around… so me and my boys will have to carry on without him.

I know I’ve told this story before, but it never gets old (for me). The best Thanksgiving I ever had was limiting out on Pheasant with my dad, my nephew and my brother-in-law in the morning, then limiting out on striped bass by noon. That was one for the ages. I can’t even remember dinner that day, but I remember the true South Jersey style harvest, and putting a lot of food in the freezer!

• Last modifed 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Chavez
    Grom

I never surf Thanksgiving morning. It’s a family tradition at my house to go pheasant hunting at dawn, and if we’re back early enough, go fishing. This will be the first year my dad’s not around… so me and my boys will have to carry on without him. I know I’ve told this story before, but it never gets old (for me). The best Thanksgiving I ever had was limiting out on Pheasant with my dad, my nephew and my brother-in-law in the morning, then limiting out on striped bass by noon. That was one for the ages. I can’t even remember dinner that day, but I remember the true South Jersey style harvest, and putting a lot of food in the freezer!

You’re right LB, we used to do the same thing when I was a yout. Pheasant hunting was my favorite when I was a kid. My grand pappy used to know a farmer near Swedesboro and the birds were everywhere. Modern farming practices and development have kinda killed off a lot of the natural pheasant population in SNJ and PA. Plus, I spend most of my hunting time on turkey and deer so I haven’t bagged a pheasant in years. Good luck man, I hope you bag one.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.