Sports Bar

Home Forums Main Forum Sports Bar

Tagged: 

This topic contains 338 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  AkaPumpmaster 1 day, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 339 total)
  • Author

Football season is upon us, my Raiders are on Hard Knocks, and they are looking to win the Super Bowl the last season in Oakland before moving to Las Vegas. Anything can happen right?

frost
    Grom

Aug1 first preseason game….

Yep, and college football starts in a month too. Go Noles!

headhigh
    Grom

Football season is upon us, my Raiders are on Hard Knocks, and they are looking to win the Super Bowl the last season in Oakland before moving to Las Vegas. Anything can happen right?

Reply with quote is active!! Thanks adnim!

Man, the NFL is a shell of it’s former self…. no more Oakland Raiders… wtf.

I’m grasping at straws with my Redskins. Havn’t had a good reason to be a fan in ages.

Reply with quote is active!! Thanks adnim! Man, the NFL is a shell of it’s former self…. no more Oakland Raiders… wtf. I’m grasping at straws with my Redskins. Havn’t had a good reason to be a fan in ages.

Ahhhhh, reply with quote is like taking the rubber off.

Yeah it’s sad that they won’t be in Oakland anymore. I’m one who loves the history and nostalgia of sports. But, I will be stoked to go see them in Vegas one day. The new stadium looks sick!

UnfurleD
    Grom

My Carolina Panthers are on Amazon Prime’s All or Nothing. haven’t caught the last two episodes, but the hype train got going last week when i tuned in. def know how that season ended, which is why i’m in no hurry to catch the last couple episodes. getting excited tho, gotta figure which game i’ll go to this upcoming season. Otherwise, Redskins might a have a ball out or bust qb on Haskins. Raiders were so disappointing last season like… sorta like how my panthers were, but i think they got Antonio Brown and that dude’s always entertaining

headhigh
    Grom

Reply with quote is active!! Thanks adnim! Man, the NFL is a shell of it’s former self…. no more Oakland Raiders… wtf. I’m grasping at straws with my Redskins. Havn’t had a good reason to be a fan in ages.

Ahhhhh, reply with quote is like taking the rubber off. Yeah it’s sad that they won’t be in Oakland anymore. I’m one who loves the history and nostalgia of sports. But, I will be stoked to go see them in Vegas one day. The new stadium looks sick!

History and nostalgia are hugely important to me.

As a late teen, I think I was a senior in highschool or first year of college, my home team, the Maryland Terrapins, left the ACC. No more Duke rivalry in basketball. No more ACC tourney!! No more season defining football games against the ‘noles (who ran the ACC in football back in those days)

I remember this as the exact moment when I went from being a die-hard, know all the players, follow their pro careers, black and gold blooded Terps fan, to hardly paying attention anymore.

It killed my interest in sports to know they can just throw history to the curb like that.

Like when the WWF changed to WWE overnight and acted like it was never called WWF… like, wtf? I remember, even as a kid, totally losing my interest in wrastling. (however as I type this, i realize that was prob for the best lol)

Chavez
    Grom

I think the Eagles could leap over the Aints, Cowgirls, and Rams (overrated) if Wentz gets back to his old self and the thin D Line stays healthy.

headhigh
    Grom

If the Redskins go 8-8 I’ll be happy. 9-7 would feel like winning the Superbowl.

This is the year where there will be a shift in power. Teams that have struggled as of late will make a move to the top of the division and teams that have been on top for a while will slide down the latter a bit.

fungus
    Grom

Does anyone remember the raiders in LA? The stands were so bad players told their families not to attend.

Sure do lol

lancelot
    Local

BarryCuda
    Grom

Just surrender morons……

The Pats will run over your teams again…..and again…..and again……..to the point where football is even MORE BORING than what it is on its own lack of merits…..

Their run is coming to an end this year Barry, end of the line for them.

DosXX
    Grom

We attended a couple of Raiders games at the Coliseum in the late 80s while the team was in LA. One was the playoff game against the Bengals during which Bo Jackson suffered his career-ending hip injury.

Seating there was not the best. Bear in mind that the LA Memorial Coliseum is an almost 100 year old design, completed in 1923 as a memorial to WWI vets.

We attended a couple of Raiders games at the Coliseum in the late 80s while the team was in LA. One was the playoff game against the Bengals during which Bo Jackson suffered his career-ending hip injury. Seating there was not the best. Bear in mind that the LA Memorial Coliseum is an almost 100 year old design, completed in 1923 as a memorial to WWI vets.

The best to ever do it before the injury.

kidrock
    Grom

I see what you did there.

kidrock
    Grom

I’ve been to the LA Colosseum a couple of times, albeit many years ago. It’s alright I guess. I’ve never really found the stadium yet with comfortable or cozy seating. USC has been playing there for almost a century, and if any college program has the $$$ to buy a new stadium, it’s the Trojans. Can’t be as bad as sitting behind a giant metal pole at Fenway?

lancelot
    Local

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 339 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.