Sports Bar

Home Forums Main Forum Sports Bar

Tagged: 

This topic contains 338 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  AkaPumpmaster 1 day, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 321 through 339 (of 339 total)
  • Author

We in NE are a spoiled bunch so this is fitting. It was written on the wall after loosing to Miami… the defense had no gas left to make up for the lack of offense, period. And Brady was pissed cause he had no one to throw to besides JE. Behind scenes issues with Kraft…I see him giving an ultimatum to Kraft and Belichik – get me some Pro Bowl receivers and plug some holes in the O-line or trade me to a west coast team. He’s got a few seasons left in the tank with the right set up and can take a team to a Bowl. But I will say that it will be horrible to see him in anything but a Patriots helmet.

So the Tennessee Titans took out the NE Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens, wow. I knew they could run the ball but their defense is really stepping it up and Tannehill has been playing lights out at QB. Talk about reviving a dead career after failing miserably in Miami with the Dolphins. Good for him! Just shows what a good coach and good organization can do for someone who has talent.

kidrock
    Grom

Tannehill is having a Case Keenum Vikings season. Not sure he can sustain that. I like the guy and am happy for him but I’m pretty sure this season is an anomaly and not necessarily a sign of the future.

But, he certainly could become the next Plunkett or Gannon. You just never know.

If anything, I think Vrabel just gave the NFL the blueprint on how to stop Lamar Jackson. Yeah he threw for 300 and ran for 100, but those were garbage time numbers and his completion rate was 50% (again). And, it was obvious to everyone that the Titans got into his head, which made him play worse.

These guys are hot right now. I could see them competing with the Chiefs or Texans, who have similar qb’s (that are much better at throwing the ball).

oipaul
    Grom

Damn, ravens just got out the F played.

Clemson vs LSU for the NCAA Championship is about to kickoff. Should be an awesome game!

Clemson vs LSU for the NCAA Championship is about to kickoff. Should be an awesome game!

The 1st half was awesome, the 2nd half not so much. Joe Burrow is going to be a very good NFL quarterback I believe. Trevor Lawrence will be too. Congrats to LSU, the first team to beat Clemson in almost 3 years. Too bad that’s the end of the season though…

NYNJ
    Grom

McGregor or Cerrone? Should be entertaining…

I took Cerrone because it didn’t pay to go the order way. Cerrone was +250 and Cmac -325.

McGregor or Cerrone? Should be entertaining… I took Cerrone because it didn’t pay to go the order way. Cerrone was +250 and Cmac -325.

I got Cmac winning but don’t count Cowboy out either. It’s been a long time since Conor has fought, but that may be a good thing because he needed to reset and take a different approach. Word is he got too carried away with the booze and was drinking a lot leading up to his fight with Kabib. He apparently has been sober for a while and is rededicated to MMA / Boxing.

Cowboy has lost his last two and those weren’t that long ago, one by TKO and the other by doctor stoppage (TKO). He has looked slower and less sharp lately. I believe this will be his farewell fight if he loses. He’ll make more money than he ever had before and will be sitting pretty financially after 3 straight losses. Then he’ll go be a full time Dad and coach the younger guys coming up. Just my prediction.

You guys been following this? Should the Astros be stripped of their World Series title?

Conor ruined Cowboy. He broke Donald’s nose with shoulder strikes, that’s right, shoulder strikes, then popped him with a head kick on the jaw, then smashed him with a left, dropped him, finished with ground and pound. Flawless victory.

^^^ All that happened in 40 seconds.

NYNJ
    Grom

I chose poorly… oh well

Here it is for those who missed it

I chose poorly… oh well

It happens. But seriously, who breaks a nose with shoulder strikes? I’m still amazed at that.

NYNJ
    Grom

I know. That was pretty nuts… cowboy was probably shocked too.
    then a flying knee, head kick and 5+ clean shots on the ground. That’s a rough 40 seconds

I know. That was pretty nuts… cowboy was probably shocked too. then a flying knee, head kick and 5+ clean shots on the ground. That’s a rough 40 seconds

Sure was. Cowboy took his loss like a man though, and Conor was classy about it after. Wish the fight lasted longer but not complaining about stoppage on that one.

So it’s the 49’ers vs the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Who you got?

Andy Reid deserves a ring after putting in hard time in Philly and not getting one.

to win the Chiefs must strike early. They cannot afford the last 2 starts they had against the niners defense.

Viewing 19 posts - 321 through 339 (of 339 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.