The REALLY GOOD “Dear Santa” thread

Home Forums Main Forum The REALLY GOOD “Dear Santa” thread

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Yankee 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ok crew, we have SI moles here so let’s give em something to chitter about:

Dear Santa – id really love some good, pure stoke in my stocking… this year has been aweful and I have none left. Also, an airline ticket to PR so I can get to see OBarrys stomping grounds and actually surf without being cold.
    the less selfish side of me wishes for good health and stoke in bucketfuls to all of my MoStoke friends, and endless glassy waves with offshores too.

BarryCuda
    Grom

Ok crew, we have SI moles here so let’s give em something to chitter about: Dear Santa – id really love some good, pure stoke in my stocking… this year has been aweful and I have none left. Also, an airline ticket to PR so I can get to see OBarrys stomping grounds and actually surf without being cold. the less selfish side of me wishes for good health and stoke in bucketfuls to all of my MoStoke friends, and endless glassy waves with offshores too.

Well, I hope you make it to PR. Generally speaking, a beautiful island. Surf can range from average to epic conditions. But ALWAYS warm. Problem with island, too many people living there; way too much poverty; therefore way too much crime- more homicides per year than Chicago area by factor of 2X. (mostly, but not limited to, San Juan area.).

As for great health….oh yeah…..I can buy into that one!! 2019, I am told by my urological surgeons and Mrs Cuda, has been a horrible year for me. Funny, I did not think it was all that bad. And I strongly believe it was oxycodone that got me through it (no longer taking any–no reason to). And the state of Massholia has a drive to outlaw all opiates–led by a dumb ass Democrat AG (zero concern for pain patients). Hospital society there trying to put an end to that movement.

We get a swell this week, unfortunately with high winds from storm. I will wait for storm and winds to subsides before I go out. Perhaps Wednesday. If not- tomorrow I resume going to gym to work again with weight machines. One way or another, I will get healthy again, now that I am “ahead” of the problem. Immunotherapy starts in 2 weeks but that should be a no brainer. (I know, I know…who says I have a brain??!!?? lol).

• Last modifed 1 week, 4 days ago

Waldo …………….. Thanks for this thread

Maybe a few of us do remember old surf shop Sunshine House in Bethesda, MD & O.C., MD., when I was a teenager then in college ordered all my surfboards @ Bethesda shop. The board of choice were G & S’s, Blair wrote the ordered requesting Skip Frye shape them so they arrived with his famous “Frye” wings. So being young & dumb, who knew they would be so valuable years later. We all regret letting go of those now vintage boards that should be hanging in our homes today. A Skip Frye Longboard with “Frye Wings” will always remain on my “Dear Santa” Christmas list.

Wishing everyone (even you SI lurkers) an awesome holiday season of wonderful waves and good cheer with family and friends.

For me personally, a new high performance longboard would be the ticket, maybe a Greg Geiselman Orion like our resident grom in chief DP has. 2 + 1 fin set up with a narrow squash tail. I’ve been a gooood boy Santa (well …. kinda).

Wishing everyone (even you SI lurkers) an awesome holiday season of wonderful waves and good cheer with family and friends. For me personally, a new high performance longboard would be the ticket, maybe a Greg Geiselman Orion like our resident grom in chief DP has. 2 + 1 fin set up with a narrow squash tail. I’ve been a gooood boy Santa (well …. kinda).

Get your order in now and you may have it by the Summer 😂

CWhite
    Grom

Goofy Footer, I remember the OC one on the north bayside corner of rt 90. We called it old yellow. Never went to the one in Bethesda. Local Jay Hall rode for them & he absolutely killed it. We grew up in Fenwick together.

Yankee
    Grom

Hey G-Man, I still have the 7’2 Claude Codgen Sunshine House boart that I bought @ Sunshine House. Will try to post pics. No, you can’t have it for xmas 🙂

And Barry, next time you’re in CR(?) may I recommend OTC item named Oxa Forte. Not as strong as the hydro & perc & those guys, but @ about $2/pill, boxes of 50 or 100 are worth bringing back. Purchase it at pharmacies, non-scrip, & Oxa Forte definitely takes the edge off. When I torqued my knee in CR, that’s what the local med school dropout put me on & it did get me through monster distances @ ATL Hartsfield Jackson.

Back to the list: good health. In 2020. And beyond. For youse guys. For me. That’s it.

• Last modifed 2 days, 22 hours ago

lancelot
    Local

24059106_1727325827338824_6959930004687357535_n.jpg.8e43bf2977794e7fca4bc49ed10d255b

Yankee
    Grom