UPDATES!

Home Forums Main Forum UPDATES!

This topic contains 113 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  DawnPatrol321 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author

I agree with Lance. Xenforo would be a good choice.

Where did the the “like” button go?

MoStoke
    Keymaster

Mostoke- nothing but compliments from me, you deserve a lot of credit for all you are doing!! My suggestion to you is that you not try to reinvent the wheel, it’s 2019 and there are inexpensive templates out there. We just need to customize and tweak it to make it our own. You are on the ground floor of potentially phenomenal greatness . However you choose to monetize it. We all are at a crossroad that could lead to a new career for you or an associate. XenForo seems to be a leader in the forum software field- there are others… (no shame in that game) after all it’s not the arrow/ it’s the Indian- you are the Chief. Best wishes in whatever you decide. Cordially , Lance

Thanks Man. Agreed. That’s exactly what we’re doing. There are tons of really cool forum products out there and the devs have tested most of them. I sent “xenforo” to them, it’s not one of the ones they showed me… but not sure if they looked at it and ruled it our for some reason? I didn’t really pay attention to the names of the ones they showed me, just the look, feel, and features.

Either way, I really think you guys are going to be stoked (hopefully by the end of this week).

MoStoke
    Keymaster

Good question… will be fixed shortly.

Good question… will be fixed shortly.

Cool thanks.

headhigh
    Grom

Mostoke- nothing but compliments from me, you deserve a lot of credit for all you are doing!! My suggestion to you is that you not try to reinvent the wheel, it’s 2019 and there are inexpensive templates out there. We just need to customize and tweak it to make it our own. You are on the ground floor of potentially phenomenal greatness . However you choose to monetize it. We all are at a crossroad that could lead to a new career for you or an associate. XenForo seems to be a leader in the forum software field- there are others… (no shame in that game) after all it’s not the arrow/ it’s the Indian- you are the Chief. Best wishes in whatever you decide. Cordially , Lance

Thanks Man. Agreed. That’s exactly what we’re doing. There are tons of really cool forum products out there and the devs have tested most of them. I sent “xenforo” to them, it’s not one of the ones they showed me… but not sure if they looked at it and ruled it our for some reason? I didn’t really pay attention to the names of the ones they showed me, just the look, feel, and features. Either way, I really think you guys are going to be stoked (hopefully by the end of this week).

*like* Lance’s post

*like* MoStoke’s post

🙂

Would it be possible to increase font size a little?

So I finally got around to logging in on a regular computer and the font actually does seem perfect size. It’s my phone that it looks a bit small on. I’m sure the updated software will make the iphone experience better.

oipaul
    Grom

Is there a way to search by Username? I’m trying to track down Zzagaffer to ask him something.

Is there a way to search by Username? I’m trying to track down Zzagaffer to ask him something.

Did he register an account on Mostoke? I sent him a couple of messages inviting him but don’t recall him ever posting.

MoStoke
    Keymaster

Hey,

posted this on “site issues” as well, but duping it here so more will see.

Yeah, sorry for the slow response time.

Developers have been spending most of their time working on the new version of the site and forum. We’re also talking with several data scientist that specialize in predictive algorithms and machine learning to get this forecast thing running. I expected these guys to kind of balk at the idea but they actually seem pretty excited by it. So def stoked about the future of the forecast.

I’ll make sure the devs get on this like issue, and anything else that hasn’t been attended to. Some of the small stuff is redundant if fixed on the old set up though. They’re almost done.

kidrock
    Grom

Cool, thanks Mo.

JayD
    Grom

Yostoke! Any thoughts on why high res pictures will not post?

site is cool and look forward to upgrade…

thx

MoStoke
    Keymaster

Hello All,

Apologies for the time between updates, it’s been a longer process than expected to get the new version of the site ready. We’re in the process of final qc testing and planning on making the switch on 9/20. This update should take care of 98% of current issues and bring a lot of new stuff that we think you guys will like. Unfortunately, the forecast is still a little ways out.

I know some of you have been posting in the suggestions area, thanks for that. The devs have been primarily focused on the new version and less on changes for the current one. Once we go live they will be monitoring those sections again full time. Once we have the new version up and being used, we’ll be hoping for your feedback to keep the site progressing.

Thanks

Zach619
    Grom

Whats up yall? I just checked the messages and replied to everybody. Sorry for the giant delay. I have been busy like everybody else. Let me know what I missed as far as getting this forecast stuff up. Joe, I will get in touch manana. Hopefully you guys all scored Dorian. It was pretty amazing down here. Looking forward to Humberto tomorrow morning.

Z-

MoStoke
    Keymaster

OK, here’s the scoop. We had a VERY thorough QC of the new version prior to making it live and found some issues that are a big deal. So unfortunately, we’re going to need to push back to Wed 9/25. There’s a possibility it happens sooner but the devs feel like Wed is more than enough time to complete the final bug list. Not good news, I know. But at the end of the day it’s better to push back a few days then go live and have you guys run into issues. Sorry people.

IBC
    Grom

Fair winds and following seas.

🌴🌊

Hey guys, I spoke with Mr. Mostoke this morning about the new website being launched. The developers are currently working out some issues that are happening with the data being imported and is why we do not see our posts from the last couple of months. Please be patient, they are aware of this and working to fix it along with some other issues you may be experiencing. As with any major upgrade, there will be some bumps in the road at first.

JayD
    Grom

So when you signed up you put your last name in to register (not sure if any of you actually used your last name). But the new forum now shows the full or last name of member in profile “username”. You may want more privacy…I spot checked a few of you and your full name is published. Some may care some may not…just a heads up.

So when you signed up you put your last name in to register (not sure if any of you actually used your last name). But the new forum now shows the full or last name of member in profile “username”. You may want more privacy…I spot checked a few of you and your full name is published. Some may care some may not…just a heads up.

I made sure Mr. Mostoke is aware of this and it will be corrected. The next update will be done late this evening / early morning.

For now, just go to Profile and then click edit, then change your last name to the first initial or something else of your choosing and then scroll to the bottom to save changes.

Good morning everybody, it looks like the missing threads / posts from the last two months have been restored. As a result, anything that was posted yesterday is currently missing from the forum but will be added back soon, although you can still see the posts in the “Latest Activity” section of the home page.

They are aware of the issue with the time / date stamp on the forum menu not matching the last message or post withing each thread and will be corrected soon as well. I believe they fixed the issue with our real first / last name showing but please double check your profiles and report it if it’s still not fixed.

• Last modifed 4 months ago
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!