UPDATES!

Home Forums Main Forum UPDATES!

This topic contains 113 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  DawnPatrol321 2 hours, 39 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author

The Mostoke Lineup page phase 2 is complete. Most if not all of the bugs have been worked out on the sorting and the page layout is complete, for now. Check it out!
    https://www.mostoke.com/members/
    Mostoke Lineup

• Last modifed 2 months, 1 week ago

<p>

Just tried uploading a video into the locals section. No bueno -M

Can you double check the link you posted? Post the link here please. I’m getting this link https://vimeo.com/manage/362697034/general which brings me to the Vimeo login page. You might need to copy the “Share” link.</p>
    <p>Vimeopage</p>

Mitchell
    Grom

DP – I tried a second time. the link is correct.

I verified that by cutting and pasting it into another web browser…it plays

<p>

DP – I tried a second time. the link is correct. I verified that by cutting and pasting it into another web browser…it plays

Ok just checking. Can you post it here for me? I’ll see if it can be fixed.</p>

Mitchell
    Grom

Sure – This is the exact link I cut and pasted into the “upload video link” box

This is a little clip I shot a few weeks ago of some friends at my local crappy spot

• Last modifed 2 months, 1 week ago

<p>

Sure – This is the exact link I cut and pasted into the “upload video link” box This is a little clip I shot a few weeks ago of some friends at my local crappy spot <iframe title=”One Fall Afternoon in Delaware” src=”https://player.vimeo.com/video/362697034?dnt=1&app_id=122963″ width=”730″ height=”411″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

Thanks, I have reported it. I have been uploading YouTube videos with no issues, but they may need to adjust something to allow Vimeo videos in that part of the website, because they obviously can be posted in the forum. I’ll let you know when it’s resolved. Sorry for the hassle. This is a new feature so hopefully we can get the little bugs worked out.</p>

Sure – This is the exact link I cut and pasted into the “upload video link” box This is a little clip I shot a few weeks ago of some friends at my local crappy spot

Mitchell, your video is now viewable on the Videos page. It’s currently showing under both Pros and Locals but I’m having it removed from the Pros section. The issue was that the upload form only allowed Youtube Videos but he changed it to allow the embed code instead of URL and this allows us to post Vimeo videos too. So on future video uploads, be sure to click on the share button and copy the embed code or share link. Also on your video, you have to click on the play button on the bottom left to play the video, if you click the play button in the center of the video it takes you to Vimeo.

VimeoMitchell

Mitchell
    Grom

DP – works perfectly now. just tested by uploading another clip from Ocean City Maryland and it worked for me this time. Thanks!

DP – works perfectly now. just tested by uploading another clip from Ocean City Maryland and it worked for me this time. Thanks!

Awesome, I see them, good stuff! If you run into any other issues or if something can be better let me know.

Now who wants to be the first to upload a picture to the “Watch Locals” section of the Pictures page?

Watch Locals

The issue with the quote functionality appears to be fixed. Now when there are multiple quotes involved it should display the quoted responses correctly. See below for how a multi-quote response should look. The grey vertical lines connect the comment with the user who posted the comment.

Multi-Quote

There is now a Classified section to post items for sale and purchase items from other members. Go to “Mo Classifieds” on the menu within the header and footer of the page. To add an item for sale go to “Manage Mo Classifieds” found on your profile drop down menu, there will also be a button added to the Mo Classifieds page to manage Mo Classifieds.

Mitchell
    Grom

Video page still looking jacked up to me.

mostoke

Video page still looking jacked up to me. mostoke

Yeah I know, they haven’t had a chance to fix it yet. When I notified them they were basically done for the day. They do their work during the late evening / early morning when we are typically sleeping. They should hopefully fix the videos tonight / tomorrow morning.

I think it’s the Vimeo videos that are the issue because I haven’t had any issue with the YouTube videos. They found that by switching from using the URL to the embed code that it allowed the video to post to the video page, and your videos played fine, but when trying to show the Video on the Homepage is when the problem occurred.

This was the first attempt at showing a Vimeo video on the home page so they will have to figure out why it gave an error and deleted the embed code from the system. They’ll get it fixed don’t worry. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I’m using your videos as a test to work out the bugs. Thank you for your patience. Once the bugs are all worked out it should be fine.

There is now a Classified section to post items for sale and purchase items from other members. Go to “Mo Classifieds” on the menu within the header and footer of the page. To add an item for sale go to “Manage Mo Classifieds” found on your profile drop down menu, there will also be a button added to the Mo Classifieds page to manage Mo Classifieds.

The button to “Manage Mo Classifieds” has been added to the Mo Classifieds page. So now there are two places you can get to Manage Mo Classifieds from. The other is on your profile menu.

Manage Mo Classifieds

Video page still looking jacked up to me. mostoke

Mitchell your videos are back up and working.

Mitchell video

Mitchell video 2

Did you know there is a 3 day tide summary? On the forecast page, find the Tide Chart, enter a zip code or city / beach location, then click the submit button. When the tide chart pops up it shows you today’s tides but if you click the red link that says “More Days” it will show the next couple of days too.

Tide Chart 1

Tide Chart 2

Tide Chart 3

Good morning everybody, just a quick update to let you know that there is now a chat feature on the website. Look to the bottom right of your screen and you’ll see the chat icon. You can communicate via live chat with others who are live on the website at the same time as you, just click on their name and send a message.

chat

Chat 2

oipaul
    Grom

I’m already getting chat spam from “brittany”

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!