What’s Your Next Surf Trip Going To Be?

Home Forums Main Forum What’s Your Next Surf Trip Going To Be?

This topic contains 75 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  DawnPatrol321 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 76 total)
  • Author

I had a surf trip planned, tickets were booked and arrangements were made but I switched jobs and I had to start over with zero vacation time which led to me cancelling the trip and then after a month at the new job I found out my wife is pregnant.

Now my thinking is to book a trip somewhere we can drive to after we have the baby. Possibly OBX. Then maybe the following trip we rebook our trip to PR. We’ll see how it all plays out but I can’t wait to get out of here for a while for a change of scenery.

What’s your next surf trip going to be?

Hopefully, I’m heading down east coast Florida the end of the month to find the legendary Sissurfdog and Dawnpatrol to share some tasty waves and beer or six! The wife has already given me a permission slip and I’m paying for the rent a wrecks while they are hanging around Treasure Island for a week so all I have to do is figure out the boart situation. I really wish I could bring the Roberts only because I’ve had some great time on it now and have it just about figured out and some nice clean green would be perfect. But taking it with is pretty tough so I’ll maybe hit up the local place for a rental or maybe near DPs there’s a place… either way it’s good to focus on something positive for once! And can’t wait to meet both of it’s possible and congratulate Missus DP!

Hopefully, I’m heading down east coast Florida the end of the month to find the legendary Sissurfdog and Dawnpatrol to share some tasty waves and beer or six! The wife has already given me a permission slip and I’m paying for the rent a wrecks while they are hanging around Treasure Island for a week so all I have to do is figure out the boart situation. I really wish I could bring the Roberts only because I’ve had some great time on it now and have it just about figured out and some nice clean green would be perfect. But taking it with is pretty tough so I’ll maybe hit up the local place for a rental or maybe near DPs there’s a place… either way it’s good to focus on something positive for once! And can’t wait to meet both of it’s possible and congratulate Missus DP!

We have several shops to rent a boart from but you could also borrow one of mine if need be.

Booked Costa for the first 2 weeks of December. Got a killer deal.

5’9 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4 EPS Fred Rubble
    5’9 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4 DFR
    5’9 x 18 1/4 x 2 1/4 EPS F.R.
    5’8 x 18 5/8 x 2 1/4 EPS Fred Rubble
    5’6 x 18 7/8 x 2 5/16 EPS #4 Prototype

hoping not to snap any when i travel abroad soon. Thinking of going to hawaii (jaws area) or mavericks (california coast)

Needless I say more?

Waldo, where do you plan to be on the EC of FL? I’m sure you won’t be down my way at least if you’re looking for surf but if y’all decide to have a meet up give me a holler. I’ll make the drive if circumstances permit. I’ve shared waves with DP before and have come close to surfing with the legendary Dogg from Singer Island a few times but things always seem to fall apart at the last minute.

No surf trips planned for me. Just hoping to chase some tropical swell up the coast if the stars align.

kidrock
    Grom

Booked Costa for the first 2 weeks of December. Got a killer deal.

which part you hitting up Pump?

Esterillos Oeste. Super mellow wave out front with light crowds and small town vibe but you have tons of options within driving distance.

UnfurleD
    Grom

several of us are thinkin bout visiting a friend who’ll be in Melbourne, FL for the end of the year. thinkin October.

several of us are thinkin bout visiting a friend who’ll be in Melbourne, FL for the end of the year. thinkin October.

Nice, come say hello!

Mr. Valhalla Sir,

Wife set up a trip late August for St. Pete’s beach, Treasure Island. Her father bought one of the condos in Mansions by the Sea when they first went up and it’s still in her family. I’m hoping to make the trip over to Melbourne area to hang with DP and mayhap get Rick involved too and that would be EPIC to surf and hang with you too Man! I figure I’ll get in the car and drive across early a.m depending on how long it takes, etc. looks like the Atlantic side is waking up otherwise I’d say the spots near me would work too. I know DP used to surf all over there so he knows the spots.

Let me know I’ll have a surf with ya

Mr. Valhalla Sir, Wife set up a trip late August for St. Pete’s beach, Treasure Island. Her father bought one of the condos in Mansions by the Sea when they first went up and it’s still in her family. I’m hoping to make the trip over to Melbourne area to hang with DP and mayhap get Rick involved too and that would be EPIC to surf and hang with you too Man! I figure I’ll get in the car and drive across early a.m depending on how long it takes, etc. looks like the Atlantic side is waking up otherwise I’d say the spots near me would work too. I know DP used to surf all over there so he knows the spots.

From your condo in TI to Cocoa, Satellite, Indiatlantic, or Melbourne Beach it should take a little under 3hrs for you, I highly recommend utilizing the toll roads 417 and 528 to get from I-4 to I-95, it’s much faster than any other way you can go. This cuts out 90% of Orlando traffic, and is more of a straight shot. Worth paying the tolls and you make up for it in less mileage. I’m sure Google Map / Mapquest will take you that way.

fl.surfdog, it’s been too long since we last tried to meet up. You should get in on this!

Mr. Valhalla Sir, Wife set up a trip late August for St. Pete’s beach, Treasure Island. Her father bought one of the condos in Mansions by the Sea when they first went up and it’s still in her family. I’m hoping to make the trip over to Melbourne area to hang with DP and mayhap get Rick involved too and that would be EPIC to surf and hang with you too Man! I figure I’ll get in the car and drive across early a.m depending on how long it takes, etc. looks like the Atlantic side is waking up otherwise I’d say the spots near me would work too. I know DP used to surf all over there so he knows the spots.

From your condo in TI to Cocoa, Satellite, Indiatlantic, or Melbourne Beach it should take a little under 3hrs for you, I highly recommend utilizing the toll roads 417 and 528 to get from I-4 to I-95, it’s much faster than any other way you can go. This cuts out 90% of Orlando traffic, and is more of a straight shot. Worth paying the tolls and you make up for it in less mileage. I’m sure Google Map / Mapquest will take you that way. fl.surfdog, it’s been too long since we last tried to meet up. You should get in on this!

Yes let me know, I’m not working crazy hours right now, sounds like a hoot.

From your condo in TI to Cocoa, Satellite, Indiatlantic, or Melbourne Beach it should take a little under 3hrs for you, I highly recommend utilizing the toll roads 417 and 528 to get from I-4 to I-95, it’s much faster than any other way you can go. This cuts out 90% of Orlando traffic, and is more of a straight shot. Worth paying the tolls and you make up for it in less mileage. I’m sure Google Map / Mapquest will take you that way. fl.surfdog, it’s been too long since we last tried to meet up. You should get in on this!

Yes let me know, I’m not working crazy hours right now, sounds like a hoot.

Will do!

Chavez
    Grom

OBX in 2 days. Jamaica in March. I know, Jamaica is not a surfing hot spot but I know a guy who lives/surfs there and he is going to be my guide. I’ve been to pretty much everywhere else in the Caribbean but I’ve never been to the “green” island so it will be a new experience.

That would be frikken awesome FLsurf! We’ll All have a ball watching me butcher waves hahahahahaha!! Seriously though that would be a great day fellas, and anyone in the loop who’d like to get in on it thats just more pure stoke! I’d be honored to share waves with all of you. Just keeping my fingers crossed that a potential new job offer doesn’t put a wrench in the works…

Yankee
    Grom

CR early December

Possible Indo in October

CR early December Possible Indo in October

You’ve been to CR a billion times, Indo sounds sick!

Plans are still in the making for El Salvadore, La Libertad area in March or April. I know a few ppl. that have gone and always come back charged and smiles on their faces.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.