Who here has been surfing this week?

Home Forums Main Forum Who here has been surfing this week?

This topic contains 755 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Mitchell 1 day, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 756 total)
  • Author

I hit it early this morning at my go to spot, I got there before first light, had two boards with me, the 6’0” Coil M-80 and 8’1” McTavish. I rode the McTavish most of the session but switched boards a couple times and stayed out for almost 4hrs. I’m exhausted, some serious paddling and duck diving with lots of waves breaking off the middle sand bar and making it hard to get back out after each wave.

It was chest – head high with a few a little bigger. Wind was very light most of the session from the NW which made it semi glassy – glassy. It wasn’t that great early on honestly with the tide being a little low which made it dumpy but as the tide filled in the waves got real good. Tomorrow looks bigger, wind shifts to SW, could be really good 🤞

Mitchell
    Grom

Another year, another Thanksgiving weekend swell. Really solid this morning in Ocean City, MD. Shot pics, surfed, shot more pics.

11-30-2019e11-30-2019a11-30-2019k11-30-2019n11-30-2019v11-30-2019r

BarryCuda
    Grom

Nice pictures Mitch.. Thanks….I am really looking forward to getting out again, soon. Health and weather permitting!!

Back in the panhandle, fortunate for the trip, and some really nice Thanksgiving weekend swell today. Crazy drift in the water made for mostly rights in the 5 ft range with some heavy rollers keeping it interesting. Hopefully some leftovers in the morning. Hope everyone had some this weekend

ZenSurf69
    Grom

overhead and fun for weeks! hope you guys are scoring. Got two big waves spots the past two days. 8-10 foot range, bigger maybe, double overhead. Mostly clean conditions (as far as westcoast goes)

numbers been around 4-8 at 16 or so. pretty consistently. I dont know ive been pretty baked since october. What day is it again?

Been hitting the maxed exposures and the cleaner tucked away spots as necessary

reminded me of indo. Stoaked. Ready to start the training process and make roads back towards the south pacific and/or warmer reef breaks. Baby steps.

Back to the eastcoast in a week or so. Hoping for goods in the Novia-Scotia to Long Island zone, with a possible trip from Canada to Florida. We shall see.

• Last modifed 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Mitchell
    Grom

Nice pictures Mitch.. Thanks….I am really looking forward to getting out again, soon. Health and weather permitting!!

Thanks…i hope you do as well.

Thanksgiving was as flat as my junior high school girlfriend.

Nice head to way OH swell hit yesterday with hard offshores, and a bit too long period for this neck of the woods. Mostly close outs but some spots were firing some random peaks and barrels. Saturday I warmed up with a nice playful chest high peaky weak wave, got lots and lots and lots of little peaks on my fish. The water has been 78 degrees and crystal clear, and the air still around 78 degrees too, plus or minus. (it’s gonna dip tonight into the 40s so that’s over).

Yesterday I finally got to surf a 6’8″ Kechle step up, with a narrow rounded pin tail, that I bought a while ago for good surf, but hadn’t had a chance to get the goods. The Pier and Corners were dumping hard, and I found a peak way out, maybe 300-400 yards out, a semi- secret spot hidden in plain sight, just a few locals on it and very spread out. The boart worked like a Cadillac in the blind spray filled offshore drops, just a piece of cake. Got me some nice long ass rides, and a barrel that was short lived and boom! Life is goode.

BarryCuda
    Grom

Sure would like to get out there!! BUT….last week it rained all week. So far, Since Sunday it has been continuously snowing, sleeting, and pissing on us Earthlings. Winds have been from the North to NE at 35-45 MPH–worst winds for this area. Waves are big, yes…but a total disorganized mess. As for me, I would like 3-4 footers to get me back in the water after a month of no surfing. Spent the day yesterday digging out and will do so again today. This storm really sucks–first snow storm this winter and the snow is as heavy as water. Maybe tomorrow??

Now, can somebody please remind me WHY I did not return to PR to live/retire?? Oh…yeah….MORON!!!!! lol

Barry, looks like some westerlies might clean things up, and it looks like the wind will eventually lay down some tomorrow pm. Not to thrilled about the NE swell angle, but it might provide something to ride.

• Last modifed 1 month, 2 weeks ago

fl.surfdog
    Local

One more wave…who hasn’t said that…maybe I should take my own advice and go in. Sunday went out early before the crowds came, well overhead and offshore winds, caught a bunch of nice waves, crowds started to build, it was like 9:30ish so I decided one more good one…set came and I was sitting outside paddling hard, I was just to late on the take off…..bailed….my boards rail was in the exact location of my knee….out of commission for a few weeks…got to heal up but in the meantime, I have to listen to the old lady tell me I’m getting to old for this surfing stuff……please shoot me….lol

Mitchell
    Grom

Its been a good good last couple of weeks on Delmarva. For me, yesterday was the best of a good two weeks. Nice fun sized waves, sunny skies for a change, and moderate winds that were straight offshore all day. PLUS, the sandbars are in perfect form in a bunch of the “go-to” spots. Scored the hell out of Ocean City Maryland with a few friends on the afternoon high tide outgoing. Took these pics around 4 p.m. after surfing 2 hours.

One more wave…who hasn’t said that…maybe I should take my own advice and go in. Sunday went out early before the crowds came, well overhead and offshore winds, caught a bunch of nice waves, crowds started to build, it was like 9:30ish so I decided one more good one…set came and I was sitting outside paddling hard, I was just to late on the take off…..bailed….my boards rail was in the exact location of my knee….out of commission for a few weeks…got to heal up but in the meantime, I have to listen to the old lady tell me I’m getting to old for this surfing stuff……please shoot me….lol

Never too old! Keep the faith and heal up quick FL SD, you’ll be back in the lineup soon, catching some waves.

Chavez
    Grom

I haven’t surfed in 3 weeks. Spent that time in the forests of upstate PA trying to put meat in the freezer. Mission accomplished, barely. Looking forward to some water time again. Sometimes it’s nice to take break and get the stoke back.

Two really fun days of surf. Little choppy but out early am before the wind. Sets had enough size to clear the chop and produce clean faces. Not many people out, just a few regulars

Mitchell
    Grom

After weeks of NE swells, a south swell is filing in today here on Delmarva. Sets were in the head high range. It seems like south swells in the winter are often accompanied by cloudy warmish weather and today was no exception. Got on it after work around 4 p.m. nothing but rights where i was. I rode a 6’6″ quad egg which felt good in the semi-soft conditions. Air 60 water low 50s, light offshore wind.

319E85AE-5BE6-4BF7-9024-49634EF5DE4B

Those numbers mean solid 6’ ++ at the beach and the weather will be in 50’s and some sun … and I’m excited to surf for the first time in two months.
    I’m just hoping for a Goode session to get some much needed stoke back in the tank.

LBCrew
    Grom

Finally got some meaty ones today after work. Buoy was reading 7′ @ 10sec out of the SSE… pretty good numbers for my go to spot. But when I got there it was only about head high + or -… but HEAVY for its size. I expected bigger… but it made up for it in power. First session in the 5 mil, so I felt kind of sluggish, and there was a ton of current. Short session but I’m spent.

• Last modifed 1 month, 1 week ago

Finally got some meaty ones today after work. Buoy was reading 7′ @ 10sec out of the SSE… pretty good numbers for my go to spot. But when I got there it was only about head high + or -… but HEAVY for its size. I expected bigger… but it made up for it in power. First session in the 5 mil, so I felt kind of sluggish, and there was a ton of current. Short session but I’m spent.

Short sessions can be good if lots of waves are coming through and you get your wave count. My last session I stayed out for 4hrs in a 3/2 and my shoulders have been sore ever since, but they are getting better I think. Kind of wish I had gotten out after 2-3hrs, that last hour was probably what made me sore.

• Last modifed 1 month, 1 week ago

Mitchell
    Grom

Yeah I’ll bet North Jersey was getting the hookup up with this swell, LBCrew. Seems like a pretty good swell direction, size and wind direction for north Jersey. It was in Delaware as well, although we always get way less size and power in these setups than you guys do. I was too sick to really surf much, but still had to paddle out for some of these south swell gems.

From around 4:00 post sesh:

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 756 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.